WiSE cafe

Comments & Complaints


If you have a comment, complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or any of the personnel working in this practice, please let us know.  We operate a practice complaint procedure as part of an NHS complaints system, which meets national criteria.


We hope that we can sort most problems out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If we are unable to resolve the problem at an early stage, then you should discuss the matter with our Practice Manager. 

If you wish to make a formal complaint, please do so as soon as possible, ideally within a matter of a few days. This will enable us to establish what happened more easily. If doing that is not possible your complaint should be submitted within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem; or within 12 months of discovering that you have a problem. You should address your complaint in writing to the Practice Manager either in writing or via our website using the contact us section.  We will endeavour to  deal with your concerns promptly and in the correct way. You should be as specific and concise as possible.


We keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality.  If you are not the patient, but are complaining on their behalf, you must have their permission to do so.  An authority signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness or infirmity) of providing this. A Third Party Consent Form is available from reception.


If you require any support with your complaint you may also wish to contact the Independent Complaints & Advocacy Service (ICAS) for free confidential help and support in making your complaint. They can be contacted on 0845 120 3734.


We will acknowledge your complaint within 10 working days and aim to have fully investigated and replied within 28 working days of the date it was received.  If we expect it to take longer we will explain the reason for the delay and tell you when we expect to finish. When we look into your complaint, we will investigate the circumstances; make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned; make sure you receive an apology if this is appropriate, and take steps to make sure any problem does not arise again.

You will receive a final letter setting out the result of any practice investigations.


Health Service Ombudsman

After local resolution, if you are still not satisfied with how your complaint has been dealt with, you may choose to take your complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman:


A: Millbank Tower. 30 Millbank. Westminster. London. SW1P 4QP

T: 0345 0154033


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website